So if you were keeping track of my ridiculous plans:
1) I said I would commit to writing a second Octavia Vanderplaats novel (after Choke on Your Lies) when we hit 1500 sales. But that started to take a long time.
2) So I finally said "If I hit that 1500 mark by mid-May, I'll do it."
3) Also, if not, well, maybe later.
4) That was fair, right? I set a number that I thought was doable in order for me to feel there was reason enough to invest the time and effort. Not too bad, eh?
5) Even giving myself an extra week due to my vacation, we still came up short. 18 copies short.
6) Thus, while I am still interested in writing the next installment of what I hope will become a much-loved series of crime novels, I'm afraid it's not an immediate priority. So, how/when will it get done? I can see two possibilities:
- When I damn well feel like it after a few other novels, or
- If a publisher I respect comes forward and offers me a contract to write a couple more.
Like that's going to happen, right?
Anyway, to all of those who love Octavia as much as I do, all I can say (in the most Octavia-like way possible) is that it's all your fault for not getting enough people to go out and bring her home. You bastards.