- Not fast enough.
- The ACHES! Shit!
- Took a long time. I had a lot of stuff to do...but this took a long time.
- Twenty miles! My first time to go twenty miles in one ride.
- If it was a bit slow, it's because I found some paths I hadn't been down before, including the new biking/walking overpass over Hwy 23. I would've stopped for a pic, but the guy was painting the overpass and the smell was all of the chemicals. All of them.
- Also slow because I added some "intervals" to the first few miles--some all-out hammering for a specified amount of time, followed by a short period of rest. I counted to 100 for every left foot crank. Did that several times. It burned, man.
- So, yeah, a little slower later, BUT...
- At the seven mile mark, I thought I was done. My legs were angry. My lungs were Fuuuuuuck. But I told them, "Hey, I got this." And we all kept going. By mile ten, I was back on point. By mile eighteen, I couldn't imagine stopping.
- In fact, I jumped on the bike later to go to a meeting. My job is about a mile away.
- I don't know at what point I realized today was going to be the Twenty. Maybe it was when I realized I was looking at new trails (to me) through different neighborhoods, which meant seeing new stuff. I ended up having to fight for those last few miles. I ended up repeating some of the track later to make sure I got it.
- Next up: if I can do twenty, then I can do twenty-five.