Yeah, I like the music I'm listening to when writing to match the feeling I'm going for in the book. So for Castle Danger (forthcoming in 2017), I went with something different. Here's a playlist.
(PS - Since my stupid format cuts half the video off, just go watch it on YouTube, please):
- Tickle Torture: It all starts with one of my favorite Minneapolis bands. Filthy, risky, gorgeous.
- Gossip: I would've loved to have used these lyrics for a dance club scene in the book, but since the publisher didn't want to chase down the rights to this or several others, it was up to my copyeditor, translator, and all-around "fixer" Len Wanner to create some original lyrics...which were much filthier anyway.
- Perfume Genius: This song, this fucking anthemic song!
- Rocky Horror Picture Show: Of course. I can't get enough of these songs, and this one is my fave from the whole show (besides "Science Fiction Double Feature")
- Nvdes: "The Other Sides." Shout it with me: ALL MY BEST FRIENDS SAY YOU ARE THE WORST THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME.
- I'm sure there'll be more to come as I continue working on the second book...